Designed by tug masters, for tug masters — Wärtsilä Voyage’s advanced ASD Tug Simulator has been developed in conjunction with SeaWays Consultants and provides high fidelity and cost-effective training in complex and risky operations. Based on the NTPRO 5000 navigational simulator, the system can simulate a broad range of operations: from basic tug handling manoeuvres for beginners to advanced towing methods, such as indirect towing, for tug masters. It uses advanced tools for both ship assistant training tasks and professional training in all types of tug and barge operations.
- High-fidelity and cost-effective operations training for all kinds of tugs, offshore and barge.
- Simulate a broad range of functions and manoeuvres.
- Suitable for training both beginners as well as advanced training for tug masters.
- Provides both ship assistant training tasks and professional training.
- Joint training is possible with several tug training stations operating in one scenario to provide more advanced lessons and capabilities.
- Offshore tugging and towing functions include:
– Ship assistance work
– High-speed escort work
– Operating various anchor equipment
– Oil rig and platform moves
– Integrated tug master and pilot training
- All types of tugboats are simulated, including conventional single-screw tugs, conventional twin-screw tugs, cycloid-drive (Voith-Schneider) tractor tugs and Z-drive reverse tractor drive. Interface to real tug controls can be provided.