Our Fishing Simulator solution is designed to train fishing academy cadets in basic processes, including vessel manoeuvring and acoustic device handling. The simulators use augmented reality to create a highly realistic model of the trawl system that factors in fish behaviour in the presence of a vessel and includes modern equipment such as acoustic fish finding and trawl controlling devices. The simulators also support refresher training for experienced crews before voyages and licence assessment for deck officers, trawl masters and deck crews.
All this allows the creation of exercises and training in different aspects of fishing operations.
- Highly realistic model: The simulator recreates real-world fishing conditions by factoring in fish behaviour in the presence of a vessel vis-a-vis the trawl systems’ functioning under those environmental conditions.
- Educate fishing academy cadets with courses in basic fishing processes, vessel manoeuvring and acoustic device handling.
- Train experienced crew for forthcoming voyages and refresh their knowledge.
- Assess the qualifications of deck officers, trawl masters and deck crews for obtaining appropriate licences.
- Conduct networked classes: The simulator can operate in a shared environment with navigational and GMDSS simulators. This enables interactive group exercises under instructor supervision.
- Enable remote training: Computer-based training enables individual in-house or distance learning regarding equipment familiarisation, knowledge refreshers, self-examination, and competence assessment.
- Full mission simulator that includes final training and certification.
- Trawling, long lining and purse seining in good or poor weather conditions, including currents, waves, strong squally winds, etc.
- Trawling and manoeuvring in the vicinity of other ships also involved in fishing operations.
- Setting the trawl for the required horizon and keeping it steady.
- Appropriate calibration and use of acoustic devices for detecting position and depth.
- Tracing and chasing fish and manoeuvring a ship to achieve the best fishing gear position vis-à-vis the shoal and the sea bottom.
- Compliant with all the international training conventions and standards as well as IMO model course guidelines.