With the mandatory introduction of ECDIS for SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) vessels, ECDIS operation training becomes essential. And our simulator ensures efficient training, fully compliant with the latest IMO, IEC and STCW requirements and standards.
Wärtsilä ECDIS Simulator is based on the Navi-Sailor ECDIS Multifunction Display (MFD) 4000 with inbuilt Navi-Planner voyage planning software, both fully compliant with the latest performance standards for shipborne navigation equipment. It incorporates Chart Delivery Server Emulator for chart delivery, charts updates, and license updates in automatic mode, which is critical during ECDIS training. Other features include a fictitious area database, new training chart folios, and weather forecasts.
- Includes an array of functionalities to support comprehensive ECDIS training:
– Multifunctional Display MFD 4000
– Navi-Planner 4000 software
– Radar overlay
– Chart Delivery Server Emulator for charts delivery, charts updates and license updates in automatic mode
– Dedicated generic area database
– Training chart folios
– Weather forecasts
– Interfacing third party ECDIS
- Compliant with the latest training standards: Designed as per the IMO, IEC and STCW requirements. Also, the features take into account the revised ECDIS standards and changes introduced by IEC and IHO in August 2015 and their impact on training requirements (see details in the ‘Training requirements’ section).
- Highly realistic environment for a variety of ship models with actual professional equipment used by pilots worldwide. Therefore, the user can be trained on the operational use of ECDIS with all the functions of an actual onboard system.
- Flexible and scalable: The solution can be supplied in various configurations, from a desktop version to a full mission bridge simulator with actual ship controls.
- Customisable configuration: The configurations can be customised to suit individual or group simulator training needs and per the monitoring needs from the instructor station.
- Supports both classroom and cloud-based remote training: As per the regulatory requirements, the ECDIS simulator operates in two configurations — ECDIS classroom for management-level training and cloud simulation for anytime, anywhere learning.
- Includes all the latest and mandatory features for ECDIS compliant training:
– ECDIS backup station
– Use of official S-57 charts
– Fictitious area
– Instruments for route planning, work with licenses and chart updates
- Marine Navigation Systems software (MNS 34) is integrated into the simulator to meet the latest IEC and IHO requirements.
- Pilot PRO software for iPads is now also available as a part of the NTPRO 5000 package.